Monday, February 15, 2010

End of Week Round Up

Trained Thursday in Hercs. Was a day of much thought about my lifting. I'm realising the list of obstacles I have to cross is endless, but I'm enjoying it, so I'll keep fighting!

Tommy Hayden was in coaching Cathal Twaddle, and was offering me a little advice. His main point was that I'm always extending through the front of my foot, rather than through the base. This, he says, is the main cause of my under extension, which is forcing me to use my arms. While I may be able to snatch light weights like this, heavier weights definitely won't be happening. He advises going back to snatching from the boards. Bit of a step backwards, but if it helps I'm willing to try it. Will have to get talking to Harry about it.

My lifting wasn't great. I kept it a little lighter than usual to focus on technique, but everything was still feeling out of place. Here's what I did-

Snatch - 2*2*40kg, 3*2*43kg, 4*2*46kg
Clean - 2*50kg, 2*55kg, 2*60kg, 2*65kg, 4*2*70kg
Back Squat - 5*60kg, 5*70kg, 5*80kg, 5*90kg, 3*5*100kg.

Saturday

Trained at home Saturday. Only got in for an hour, so did some thorough shoulder rehabbing, as well as a little military pressing. Still unsure if my lock-out is improving.

Military press - 2*5*bar, 5*30kg, 5*40kg, 3*50kg, 3*55kg


Planning on competing in the masters in dublin this weekend (as an open lifter obviously!). Just started some water loading, which I've never tried before. Testing it out to see if I can make the 62s. I'm weighing about 64kg at the minute, so it should work if I stick at it. Still unsure what way I'm going to train this week. Will have to give Harry a call to see what he thinks. I'll likely take Thursday and Friday off to rest, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment