Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday's Inadequacy

Trained in Hercs today. It was a quick session as I had a meal to go to a little after six, but I got as much done as I could. When I arrived Cathal Byrd, Cathal Twaddle, Barry, Wayne and someone I'd never seen lifting before, Amy; were training. Clearly the place was pretty busy, so I headed upstairs to do some shoulder rehabbing and stretching. When I got back, I managed (just about!) to find space on one of the platforms.

I felt pretty inadequate lifting with so many great lifters, and I think this affected my focus. My first few snatches felt terrible, both in the starting position, and in the lockout. They improved slightly as I went on, but they still weren't great. Here's what I did -

Snatch - 2*2*40kg, 2*2*43kg, 2*2*45kg, 2*1*47kg, 2*1*49kg

Clean & Jerk - 50kg, 55kg, 60kg, 65kg
These didn't feel fantastic, and I was in a rush, so I left it at that.

Will probably train again tomorrow. Still haven't got talking to Harry so I'm undecided.

4 comments:

  1. Will you lift on Saturday Shane? Would be good to get some more competition practice in...the change of environment might do you good also with the extra adrenaline ruuning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, that's the plan Cathal. Gonna try lift at as many comps as I can this year, it'll be a good motivator, and should help me improve. Hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to see you lifting Shane. You are in great shape and it wont be long before you are lifting massive weights. Stick at it. Dont worry about your technique. It will get better. My technique is full of flaws but it wont stop me weightlifting and competing. Do

    ReplyDelete