Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday's Road to Recovery

I had a pretty bad allergic reaction yesterday, so couldn't train. I got in today, but I'm still recovering, so it wasn't as good as it could have been.

I trained in Hercs again, starting with the basic warm up. This had many indications the lifting wasn't going to be good. I did the usual overhead squat + snatch balance combo, and even missed some of the snatch balances. Surprisingly though, the snatching went well. I managed to equal my comp pb of 49kg for a few top sets, which was great.

Harry arrived in when I moved on to Clean and Jerks. These unfortunately weren't as clean cut as the snatches. I only managed to work up to 60kg for a few top sets, and they were tough. Even the cleans felt ropey, when usually they're fine. Here's what I did-
  • Snatch - 2*2*40kg, 2*2*44kg, 2*2*47kg, 4*2*49kg

  • I then did some jerk skill, followed by some clean warm ups. I was quite stiff in the rack position, so Laura did some pnf stretching with me. This helped a lot.

  • Clean & Jerk - 2*50kg, 2*55kg, 3*2*60kg

  • Back Squat - 3*60kg, 3*70kg, 3*80kg, 3*90kg, 4*3*100kg

I finished off with some stretching. It's actually insane how tight my shoulders are. I can barely grasp my hands behind my back. Alex was there to offer some advice again. She assures me it's tightness in most of the muscle groups in the shoulder, rather than being isolated.

She also showed me some more good stretches that felt great. I can really feel the stretch, as well as scaps moving into they're proper position. The more of these I do, the more my shoulders will improve, so I'm going to keep at it.

Harry might be in DCU tomorrow evening. We're hoping to get club training back underway for semester 2. So chances are I'll be training there. Otherwise I'll be in Hercs. Hopefully I'm well recovered from the allergic reaction for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment