Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tuesday's Preparation

As I said I'm hoping to compete at the masters this Saturday. As part of my preparation I'm water loading. It's pretty tough going, the amount of toilet visits are plentiful! I'll keep at it though. I'm not a fan of dieting, so hopefully this works.

I trained Tuesday in DCU. It was a pretty short session. I lowered the volume, and worked up to a little above what I hope to open with Saturday. It had been a few days since I'd trained, so I was pretty fresh. My snatches felt a lot faster than usual, and very solid overhead. The Clean and Jerks were a lot more snappy too.

After some shoulder rehabbing and stretching here's what I did-

Snatch - 2*30kg, 2*2*40kg, 2*42.5kg, 2*45kg, 1*47.5kg, 1*50kgX, 1*50kg

The rep I missed landed me on my ass! I likely would have lost it behind if my shoulders were more flexible.

After some jerk and clean warm up -

Clean & Jerk - 2*50kg, 2*55kg, 2*60kg, 1*65kg, 1*70kg

The lock out was better on these than usual, which I was happy with. I'm finding the second rep pretty tough for any I did. Really need to improve my conditioning!

I left it at that, and headed to the pool for a little while. Can't beat a little chillin in the sauna!

I'll be training in Hercs today.

No comments:

Post a Comment