Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday's Repeats

Trained in Hercs today, and basically repeated the work I did the last two times I was in.

It was a very enjoyable session. It took me a little while to get focused as I was tired, but in the end it was pretty successful. There was a lot of other lifters in, so there was a good buzz about the place. Barry was in too, who I hadn't seen training in a long time. His dedication is very motivational. He works very hard, and it's clearly paying off.

Here's what I did today-
  • OH Squat + Snatch Balance - 2+2*bar, 2+2*30kg, 2+2*40kg

  • Snatch - 2*2*40kg

  • I wasn't extending fully on these, and I was swinging the bar out, so Harry got me to swap over to a single hang snatch mid thigh, followed by a single full snatch.

  • Hang Snatch + Snatch - 43kg, 45kg, 4*48kg

  • I still wasn't extending fully for a lot of these, I'm sure Harry's getting sick on constantly reminding me too! I was pretty happy with 48kg though. 49kg is my comp PB.

    I then did some jerk skill work (jerk dips and catches), and moved on to full jerks.

  • Front Squat + Jerk - 2+1*50kg, 2+1*55kg, 2+1*60kg, 2+1*63kg, 4*2+1*65kg

  • The jerks are starting to feel a lot more comfortable. The skill work is really improving my feet positioning. I'm also focusing as much as possible on the lockout.

  • Front Squat - 3*70kg, 3*75kg, 3*80kg, 3*84kg, 3*3*87kg
So there you have it. A more productive day than usual. Hopefully tomorrow will be as good. I managed to fight off the temptation of going out tonight. I'm sitting alone in the apartment, hoping they're having a shit time (I'm a spiteful bastard!), so should be good sleep wise at least. Need to make sure I've wrist wraps too. My left wrist is at me again. I figure there's an underlying weakness in it.

Hope you enjoyed the bullet points. Trying to brush up on my html!

No comments:

Post a Comment