Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday's Waiting

Trained in DCU today. I should stop. I really don't like training there! The olympic lifting equipment's awful, and it's always busy. That coupled with being surrounded by many people lifting with terrible technique, definitely doesn't create the best environment to train in.

I had an ok session, even though it took a little while to get my hands on a bar and bumper plates. After spending more time that usual doing shoulder rehab and bar work, I started snatching. These were a little off. As I moved the weight up, and got more fatigued, the bar started to drift out. This made me run forward a little in the finish. However, I managed to finish off on with a few sets of 50kg. At least I'm bumping the weight up. Slowly but surely!

Here's what I did today -
  • Snatch - 2*2*40kg, 2*2*45kg, 2*2*47.5kg, 4*2*50kg

  • I missed both reps of the second set of 50kg, I just wasn't focused enough. I also missed the second of the third set, but managed to get both in the second and final set, so I was content.

    After some jerk skill work-

  • Front Squat + Jerk - 2+1*50kg, 2+1*55kg, 3*2+1*60kg

  • These weren't too good. Just couldn't get the lockout right, so I kept it short.
  • Front Squat - 3*70kg, 3*80kg, 3*3*85kg
So there you have it. If I'm not too tired tomorrow I'll train in Hercs.

Hours of sleep - 5/6hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment