Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday's Final Session of the Week

I was training with Jason again today, he's following training advice from Victor Costa. It's not really applicable to Olympic lifting, but there's some interesting stuff there.

Today I started off with the usual shoulder rehabbing exercises. I'm finding my shoulders are pretty sore, so I might give them a rest tomorrow.

After some overhead squats and snatch drops I moved straight on to cleans. I only did a few warm up sets, and then moved onto the full clean and jerk. My lockout is still pretty bad, but I mainly put this down to the fact that my shoulders are fatigued. I finished the session with some squatting, which went pretty well. Here's what I did-

Clean & Jerk - 1+2*40, 1+2*50, 1+2x55, 1x60, 1x65, 1x70
Front Squat - 3x60kg, 3x70kg, 3x80kg, 3x90kg, 3x100kg
Back Squat - 3x60kg, 3x70kg, 3x80kg, 3x90kg

I left it at that. I would have liked to do a final set of 100kg for the back squat. But I was tight on time. Here's a video of my 70kg C&J, comments would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure my front leg needs to go forward more for a start. (Forgive the quality, my phone sucks!).



I won't be training again until Tuesday, as I'm working most of the day Monday. I should be training in Dublin next week, Hercs hopefully; if the roads are drivable that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment