Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday's Steady Progress

I trained in Hercs again today. It really is great to be back. The change in environment, improvement in training gear, and coaching from Harry is fantastic to say the least!

I arrived a little earlier than usual, so managed to fit in some of my shoulder rehab work. When Harry arrived I moved on to snatches. These were pretty good for a while. I was still making simple mistakes like not extending fully, as well as other smaller ones. Not staying over the bar, or getting my knees back enough going into the second pull were some Harry mentioned.

After that I did some jerks. These are improving a lot technique wise. That wouldn't be hard though. They really couldn't have been much uglier! Harry got me focus on the drive mainly. I definitely wasn't putting enough power or speed into it before. This made them feel a lot easier. As usual I finished with some squats. Here's what I did-

Snatch - 2*2*40kg, 2*2*43kg, 2*2*47kg, 2*1*47kg
It was intended that all four sets of 47kg would be doubles, but I missed the second in the last two sets. I was pretty annoyed about that. I lost them out front each time. The lock-out really needs improving.

After some jerk skill work with 40kg-
Jerk - 2*40kg, 2*45kg, 2*50kg
Front Squat + Jerk -
2+1*50kg, 2+1*54kg, 2+1*58kg, 2+1*62kg, 4*2+1*65kg
Front Squat - 3*65kg, 3*75kg, 5*3*85kg
These were pretty tough. But I managed to squeeze out the 5 sets of 85kg.

Today's session was very enjoyable overall. I think my strength levels have actually decreased though. I don't mind anyway, technique is the most important thing at the minute.

I have four exams out of five done, so I'm almost at the point where I can completely focus on training for a while. Really looking forward to getting this last one out of the way.

I should be down in Hercs again Thursday. There'll undoubtedly be a session that night though, since it's the last day of exams, but I'll make the best of it anyway. Even if the recovery time suffers. Here's hoping the DOMs aren't too bad!

Hours of sleep - 7/8hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment