Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday's sore shoulders

I'm noticing a trend to my posts already. Not a good sign at all. I promise the complaining will stop though, next week hopefully!

Today was a quick session. I trained at home, so I was limited. I started with some shoulder rehab. T-spine extensions, bar hangs, lat stretches, shoulder dislocates, theraband stretching and scap push-ups. These left my shoulders pretty fatigued, but I really think they're starting to make a difference, even if it is small.

I then moved on to overhead squats, and snatch balances. I wanted to push the weight up in these, but it just wasn't happening, so I cut that short. The same happened with the cleans. Here's what I ended up doing-

Overhead Squat + Snatch Balance- 2+2*30kg, 2+2*35kg
Clean- 2*40kg, 2*50kg
My shoulder joints were screaming at me, I had to leave it there.

Military Press- 5*30kg, 5*40kg, 5*42.5kg, 5*45kg
Back Squat- 5*40kg, 5*60kg, 5*70kg, 5*80kg, 5*90kg

There you have it. Twas a fairly embarrassing session to have to log. But I guess it's just one of many steps to greatness!

My exams are starting next week (insert sad face), so I probably won't get in to train until Tuesday. I'm not really sure how much I'll actually get to train at all next week, I've a lot of work to do. Looking forward to next Thursday. I'll have some time off after that to train a good bit.

3 comments:

  1. Shane you should get ART on your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing embarrassing about it. Keep at it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys.

    I've been considering that Colin, anyone you'd recommend? How you keeping anyway? It's bin a while. Your just focusing on powerlifting now I see. Planning on lifting at the singles at the end of the month?

    ReplyDelete