Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday - More nostalgia!

Today I was training with my first ever training partner, Jason. The two of us started back when we were 15, in another small local gym; learning the ins and outs of bicep curls, tricep extensions and ab exercises. Jason's more into the bodybuilding aspect of training, and I don't think I'll ever convert him to Olympic lifting! He currently weighs around 85kg at 5'8".

I didn't do any lifting today. I focused on my shoulder rehabbing exercises, and did a lot of bar work. I did the usual thoracic spine extensions, my flexibility is improving in these day by day. I also did 3x1 minute bar hangs. Even though it wasn't intended, these are really improving my grip. They also give me a great lat and pec stretch.

I did 5 sets of scap push ups as well. I got Jason to video my first, which made me realise my technique was woeful. So I worked on that, and got him to video me again. Here's a video, feel free to leave any constructive criticism. I know my hips are dropping when they shouldn't, I'm going to work on adjusting that.



That was it for today. I plan on doing some full clean and jerks tomorrow, and plenty of squatting. Should be well recovered for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment